Monday, 7 April 2014

Paris Mon Amour - Pastels are Here!

I was a bit slow to warm up to pastel colors last summer so imagine my enthusiasm when I discovered that I got a second chance with these lovely hues this time around! Yep - you heard me, pastels are back this Spring and Summer of 2014 and already started to make their way in the stores. I've seen some lovely lace shirts in H&M and a cute maxi dress in Zara that I am stalking like prey :-P Us girls are a very unique bunch aren't we?

This being said, I did rock some pastel blue/green on my nails last summer and decided my nail polish collection had its fill of vampy reds and dark blues. I wanted to get something completely out of my comfort zone - something fresh, girly, romantic and chic. Something that would remind me of Spring, of heat, of Paris ..and of course something pastel! :D And so I ended up with color 350 Pink a Card from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line. 

Well actually, I can't take all the credit..I was looking at some Essie polishes when my boyfriend suggested this one. So..Thank you Bruno!!! :) Virgos are so observant aren't they. I couldn't have found this myself it was hidden on a lower rack and hey..I don't bend that way. :-P So yeah, this polish surprised me because it is quite opaque so if you're really talented you can get a great finish with one go. If you're like me, 3 coats will do. But you have to wait until each coat is COMPLETELY dry before you apply the next one because this polish can be a bit streaky and uneven. If that makes any sense. But it dries out perfectly uniform and just gorgeous. Now I have to admit...at first I absolutely HATED the result. To me it looked as if I just applied white-out on my nails. And it can still look a bit off-putting under certain lights...I guess it's because I have olive skin so the contrast of color is really in your face. On the other hand, in natural lighting this polish looks so beautiful! I can't help but smile every time I take a peek at my nails. Overall, I am super content with this product. I am currently testing it out to see how long it will last without chipping. Day 2 and it's still going strong. :)

Will you be rockin' any pastel colors this Spring or Summer? Would you wear it lound and proud on your nails or in your wardrobe? I would really love to know! 
                          Thank you for reading - Don't forget to follow me if you like what you see! xox

22 comments:

  1. Très beaux ongles! J'ai vu sur Google + que vous êtes allée à McGill. Miki voudrait y aller! Coincidence.

    xoxo
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah merci beaucoup.
      Wow dit-donc elle voudrait aller dans quel prog?
      :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color :D
    Thank you for your comment! :D
    I follow you <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl
      You are too kind :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too!
      I am loving pastels for this Spring and Summer :D

      Delete
  4. Amazing color dear! )) Follow you #121

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! Thank you so much!
      You're awesome xox

      Delete
  5. Lovely color, especially looks good with your olive skin tone.
    Btws thanks for stopping by at my blog and yes sure ill do a review on the Neutrogena Cleanser soon.
    Really liked your blog, so followed you via Bloglovin,GFC and twiiter hope we can keep in touch so you do the same?
    xoxo
    Lilya
    lilyacm.blogspot.com
    twitter.com/lilyameier
    Instagram.com/lilyameierr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you
      I think the color would look much better on somebody with really pale skin.
      But that's just me :-P

      I can't wait to see that review. ^_^
      And thank you so much for the follow.
      I'm already a fan of yours.

      Delete
  6. your nails are amazing :) and i love the color :D
    Beijinhos*
    Blog | Youtube | FB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank youuu
      :D It takes a while to grow them that long :-P

      Delete
  7. Lovely color! Really cute photos!
    I just followed you , hope you can follow me back! Thanks
    Kisses

    www.mystyleifreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Galya

      I'm off to check out your blog ^_^

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :D
      It's perfect for Spring!

      Delete
  9. Lovely shade :) I loved it :) lovely pictures sweetie :)
    www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much girl.
      You're the sweetest!

      Delete
  10. Oh,cat ador rozul acela!

    http://descude.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mersi mult :D

      Si mie tara imi plac

      Delete
  11. Very nice colour and beautiful ring :) and thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure girl!
      I love the ring as well. It was only 5$ and the quality is ah-mazing :)

      Delete