Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Let's Get Naked! - GARNIER BB Cream

First off I would just like to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all you Aries out there (my little brother included - his BD is coming up soon). You guys are just awesome! 

And today I wanted to share with you a freakin amazing discovery I just made. Now I've said this many times before but let's just recap a little bit : I don't wear foundation, I don't like foundation and neither does my skin. The only reason I buy powder or small bottles of foundation is to use it as concealer (I know I'm special). However, I do sometimes long for that evenness and flawless finish that the product provides. In my dream world, I imagined a cream that would be light - fresh and not completely cover up my face but just even out the color a little bit. You might think : Hey..isn't that the definition of a BB cream? Well yes..I thought about the same thing! So I tried a LOT of such creams..And I mean a lot: Maybelline, Revlon, Dior, Chanel, L'Oreal, Vichy, etc. But I was extremely disappointing and more confused with each trial. The products were either too liquid and felt wet and sticky on your face or they were too rich and looked like somebody smashed a vanilla cake on me...Oh and none of them did ANYTHING to my complexion - A.K.A. The coverage was either horrible or nonexistent. So I gave up on the BB Cream trend pretty fast.

Last Friday though, my mom got me a sample of this Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream and at first I was surprised that this one slipped my mind, so I immediately tried it on. The one I had was a medium shade so I looked a bit like an orange :-P But I was intrigued by the fluffy consistency of the product that felt like you're applying a night cream on. Oh and it did not just sit on your face (like a foundation would) but got absorbed into my skin and most importantly evened out your skin tone. O_O Was I dreaming?

Apparently not, I found the product in Target in the shade light/medium - ON SALE (I think that's the Universes's way of communicating with me) and on the top of the box it was written: "Tone Perfector." Hello! Get in my room right now. (That sounded bad :-p) Honestly you guys, I have no words. Pictures cannot do this product justice. I tried to do a swatch of it so you can see the consistency and how seamlessly it blends in with my skin color. I swear you CANNOT see this cream on your face - even if you are super close. Oh and what does it do? Well it makes your skin tone even - your face glows and looks healthy and flawless. What do you want more? Oh the scent? Well what if I told you it smells awesome (very fresh and subtle and organicish) ! Garnier I mean - promote whoever came up with this seriously. Oh and the tube it comes in? Pretty good amount of product for 12$ if you ask me. 
To tell you the truth, I have been wearing this for the past 3 days and I got an average of 6 compliments per day. Yep, you heard me. People are asking me what did I do : my skin looks so good and I look awake and healthy and wow..Keep'em coming that's what I say. :) The only danger I see with this cream is that at the end of the day you might forget to clean your face because you forgot you had something on. I am not joking. Best. Cream. EVER. 
                           Thank you for reading - Don't forget to follow me if you like what you see! xox

6 comments:

  1. I gotta agree, it's so informative.. Great blog! :)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Follow me and then i’ll follow you back instantly. :)

    http://tasiawijayanti.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much girl.
      Of course I would like to follow each other.

      :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!!
      I am already following you :)

      xox

      Delete
  3. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I follow you (bloglovin + GFC) and welcome to visit my blog about fashion.

    P.S.
    I show 125 DIY Easter Ideas - maybe you will find there something for yourself? :-)



    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katherine!
      Thank you so much for your kind words.

      I visited you blog and liked it very much. :) Wish I could speak Polish

      xox Following you now

      Delete